Monday, August 10, 2009

Kite flying in Sarawak (Main layang-layang)

Kite flying is a dying activity especially for the younger generations (Generation- I). Gen-I or Generation Internet which have been called especially for those who are born in this IT savvy world. The younger generation now is more on computer game, play station and internet comparing to those days back when kite flying was an activities with friends and cousins.

I still love kite flying and I was given an eagle kite by my cousin last year. Which up to this day, I have not fly it yet. I was thinking of flying the kite last weekend by unfortunately the weather was hazy as shown on the pictures below. What trigger me on this activity? Well, it is because of the Bintulu Kite Flying festival which is an international event.

The eagle kite which have not being flown yet.

The hazy weather, humid and hot tend to make everyone staying at home. The older generation will relate the red sun to the burning of forested land for agriculture or shifting agriculture.


Will have to find some suitable time to fly the kite and polish my kite flying skill.

3 comments:

  1. Willie> going kite flying soon as long as the hazy is gone and windy

    rainfield61 > the eagle kite are from Bali.

    ReplyDelete