Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sarikei: small but developed town/ Sarikei dan penarikan

Sarikei: small but developed town. A potential town.

It have been raining and the sun are shying away from us as it is the worse week in the monsoon season. It was also a week that I am away reccee with my fellow colleagues going to Sibu, Sarikei and Betong.

What have we been doing? Well, we have found hidden treasures of the Sarawak people. Is it money? Gold? Nope … it is the beautiful nature of Sarikei. What have we found?

Well, one of the interesting morning we went to a shop for breakfast and we come across a very yummy soup noodle and another yummy bun. The soup noodle is called ‘Luk Mee’ and I have no idea what the breakfast bun are called. All this can be found in a not so small town called Sarikei.

Luk Mee with beef slice and egg. Very nice and you should try it. To tell you the truth I have not taste it… the Luk mee is the picture was ordered by my good friend.



The cold raining morning with hot milk coffee…’you can smell the coffee when you go into the coffee shop.  wonderful and nice kaya and butter spread onto the bun. Who can complaint a nice breakfast …I know my friend didn’t.


Sarikei town, with the river at the background. Nice nature as the riverine are still cover with flora. Hance, you won’t believe the price of prawn … prawn in your fried rice …not just 1 or 2 but lots and big too. How much I pay for the fried rice… MRY 4.00. Sarikei is small but big enough and I have not walk around town yet.


A view of Sarikei town. Who say Sarikei is a small town.



A nice place to cool down after a hectic day of work. I guess during a good day we will see a few prawn anglers casting their line in the beautiful river.

4 comments:

  1. yeah...thank u vry2222 MUCH....telling about Sarikei Town...my Lovely Home Town :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayang > it is my pleasure... i have been trying to promote sarawak tourism...playing my part as sarawakian

    ReplyDelete