Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fishing Dream 2009

Dreaming of Angling 2009

It has been months since I went out to the sea for fishing. My though of the boat riding the wave and the wind blowing my hair and face and no worries of work and just pure relaxation. The hope of all anglers that the big fish will hook on their line and the envy of other anglers watching you fighting the 'forever' fighting fish. I use a small reel and 25 – 30 lbs main line and 50 lbs tracer line for fishing. Which always got an forever unruly looks from my friends. and will get friendly advice of using bigger poundage fishing line. It all about anglers showing their skill in reeling in the big fish. It all about the trill and skill during reeling in the fish and not the fish alone. A lot of people doesn’t understand that.

Thus, during the weekend I took out my rods and reels. Look at it, toy with it and start planning for the fishing trip for the year 2009. The monsoon season is nearly over, fishing season start… WOW that the event to look forward. It will be in March or as early as the end of February.

Some of my equipment use for the fishing.



The ever lucky Abu Garcia Big Game 7000cl reel that I have used since 2004. Have caught Travelly, Baracuda, Garupa, sea Bass, red snapper and more with this reel.




The fishing finder that I used for river fishing from smartcast wireless fishfinder RF 10 which I bought from USA in 2005. The portable fish finder have helped me to determine the contour and river bottom. It have save me time from fishing a fishless river.



The much needed sun glass for the fishing trip but I have used it for all the adventure that I have done using this sun glass.




The one equipment that I am always using when I am on the go. It is a GPS from Garmin (GPSmap 76 CSx) a colour screen and it is sensitive enough to receive the satellites signal even thought it is cloudy or under tree canopy or under roof. It help me to find my way and to plot new road that have not been updated yet.




2 comments: