Sunday, March 1, 2009

A calm and relaxing day at PUSTAKA (Sarawak State Library)

A hidden location to unwind after a hard days work, at the PUSTAKA negeri (Sarawak State Library). It have been a while since I put my foot at the state library ground. The last time I was there was for jogging and aerobic at the huge garden that surrounded the huge lake. I seen people bringing their family in the evening to feed the fish at the lake. Big fishes which consisted of Tilapia, Japanese Carp and other carp that I don’t know what its name. Seem like a paradise to anglers but be warn the garden are patrolled by the library security and fishing are prohibited except during the fishing competition organized by the Library.

It a nice place to just walk and sit around to relax. If not you can go into the library to read book or accessing the internet. Internet access you need to be a library member.

The garden patio, just sit at the garden patio especially in the morning to enjoy the view and listening to birds chipping away. I have not have the skill yet to identify birds from it sweet melody.

Nice place to enjoy the scenery and the jogging path. It was 10 am that I took this picture thus nobody in the correct mind to go jogging.


The library is facing the lake. The lake is surrounded by pathway for visitors to walk and also for jogging.

You can enjoy your meal or coffee sitting in side the cafeteria or outside of the cafeteria. It depends if you want air-conditioning or just the natural breeze. I have sit here just to read books or accessing the internet for hours which translated in a few cups of coffee and fruit juice.

Another view of the garden at the Sarawak state library which I really likes the greenery of the surrounding and its peaceful.

On my way back home from the library, I took this picture. Driving here also give me a refreshing view of modern Kuching.

2 comments:

  1. You're very lucky to have caught a nice blue sky at the state library. I was doing a wedding portrait at the library yesterday but it's just unlucky of us to run into a rainy day.
    On my day off, I run with a bunch of photographers who's into macro. I'm not related to the mushroom king. Kind to refer to me who is the fellow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very lucky to have caught a nice blue sky at the state library. I was doing a wedding portrait at the library yesterday but it's just unlucky of us to run into a rainy day.
    On my day off, I run with a bunch of photographers who's into macro. I'm not related to the mushroom king. Kind to refer to me who is the fellow?

    ReplyDelete